Types of hosting services
A hosting service involves stashing and/or sharing specific content on a web hosting server handled by a hosting company. There are different sorts of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's have a glimpse at them. Doing so, you can pick what you want, based on whether you'd like to build a site, email box accounts, or to share files with pals and partners.
- File hosting: a solution provided by given vendors, which allows you to share huge files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting accounts frequently include ads by the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a given amount of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file hosting account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a completely imprecise interpretation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would allot the workload between separate bunches of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving different website hosting services (electronic mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, website hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is simply a variety of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; some suppliers offer a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting kind is appropriate if you would like to share a great number of images with buddies or acquaintances since the service is generally free of cost. You will obtain a random link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to taking care of your e-mails. Some companies offer web hosting services for web pages, but do not provide an e-mail hosting solution. If you wish to have an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a website, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can create email address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video clip produces a particular amount of CPU load, so with a couple of video clips and a few hundred web site visitors, you may have trouble with your site hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will enable you to run as many videos as you want without worrying about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you require if you wish to keep a website. To some extent, it consists of all of the aforesaid hosting categories since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and e-mail box accounts, upload video files, etc. At JDC Hosting, for example, you can view web hosting and dedicated hosting plans that permit you to have all of the aforementioned services in one single location. There may be restrictions based on the type of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the normal email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are intended for particular content solely.